The Galaxy Tab S4 comes bundled with a redesigned S-Pen that has a proprietary tip. A departure from the previous-gen Galaxy Tab S3’s design, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 sports an even sleeker look with smaller bezels, and comes packed with premium internals. However, it costs as much as some professional laptops, so there are a lot of aspects to factor in before deciding whether this is the right gadget for you.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 design
With a larger 10.5-inch Super AMOLED panel, the Galaxy Tab S4 is just slightly thicker than last year’s Galaxy Tab S3, at 7.1mm. It sports the same glass back design that is now seen on Samsung’s entire flagship smartphone lineup. Despite its tablet-sized proportions, the glass back is not slippery at all and the Galaxy Tab S4 can be easily held in one hand. The tablet is not thick enough for a silo for the stylus, so you will have to carry it around separately unless you buy the keyboard folio case or another accessory that can hold it.
While still not on par with the Infinity Display design of the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9, the tablet does have smaller borders compared to the Galaxy Tab S3 (Review). Expectedly, Samsung has had to make borders thick enough for users to hold onto them without triggering any unwanted responses on the touchscreen with their thumbs.
Thanks to these smaller borders, the capacitive Android navigation buttons make way for onscreen ones. With the Home button and its integrated fingerprint sensor gone, the Galaxy Tab S4 now relies on software-based face recognition, Iris scanning, and a combination of both (Intelligent Scan) for biometrics. With the Samsung logo also gone from the top, the borders appear symmetrical from all sides and less distracting, which is a good thing.
- Front Camera 8 MP
- Weight 17.04 oz
- Height 9.81 in
- Width 6.47 in
- Screen 10.5” QXGA (2056 x 1600) 2 Operating SystemAndroid Oreo (8.1)
- Battery7,300 mAh
- Storage64 GB on board memory + 4 GB RAM
- Expandable MemoryRemovable microSD up to 512GB (sold separately)
- Wi-Fi802.11 n – 2.4 and 5GHz only 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO Support (multiple-input, multiple-output)
- LTE AdvancedWith 50% faster peak speeds in more than 450 cities from coast to coast.
- World DeviceWorks in over 200 countries depending on your plan.
- Standby Time – Up to:22.9 days
- Usage Time – Up to:20 hrs
- Camera13 MP